Service review for efficiency savings.
The aim of the project was to conduct an in-depth review of the service and its operations.
- Identify service efficiencies (Value for Money)
- Identify customer outcomes (Service Operations)
- Highlight any process risks identified in the review
Project output should contribute to the overall departmental service review
The key outcomes of the review will include
- Clearer understanding of current service operations (including capacity)
- A report with recommendations identifying any areas for improvement
Changing the Service.
Undertook a full service review which included running process development workshops and focus groups culminating in a draft report of recommendations on service improvements. The following diagram provides a snapshot of the plan of action for the review.
- Created project documentation
- Initiated and managed the project
- Design and facilitation of stakeholder workshops
- Data analysis and development of an improvement report
Results and Outcomes
- Engagement and contribution from the EDT to the outcomes of the review including the wider stakeholder group.
- Report of findings where improvements could be made.
- The core processes were mapped and efficiencies identified – where any duplication and/or process waste removed.
- Understanding of what is necessary for a fit for purpose service.
- Programme/Project Manager
- Commissioning Manager
- Business Analyst
- EDT Manager
- MH Team Manager
- YOS Team Manager
- Adults Services Team Manager
- Social Work (Team Manager/EDT Management Cover)
- Transport, Highways & the Environment (Principle Engineer)
- EDT Team
- Performance Team
- CareFirst Team