by Steve Tuitt
The premier business conference for Ethnic Minority businesses was held at the home of Leicester City FC, The King Power stadium, where we mingled with Senior Managers and Directors/CEOs from major corporate organisations including KPMG, Delphi, Enterprise Rent a Car, Cummins, Crown Commercial Service, Johnson and Johnson, IBM, Accenture and many more. The day was filled with useful discussions, hints and tips from successfully bidding for public and private sector contracts to breaking into Britain’s growing multi-cultural, multi-ethnic market.
Main Conference, Supplier Roundtables, Exhibition, Buyers Zone.
Keynote Speakers during panel discussions.
· Mayank Shah opened the conference.
· Arnab Dutt and Edward Green on bidding for public and private sector contracts.
· Saad Saraf, Manish Tiwari and Anas Kasak on breaking into multi-cultural and ethnic markets.
· Byron Dixon, Sukhi Ghuman and Ian Harrison on navigating business networks to achieve growth.
- CYP SEND Operating Model
The new service will aim to provide a holistic service and the operating model required to support the new ways of working in a multi-agency environment are highlighted below.
The operating model highlights the people, processes and technology necessary for the service to operate effectively.
We attended two insightful and engaging round table discussions. Hiten Bhatt discussed the importance of taking time out and personal development and Ragesh Sejpal spoke about alternative business financing models for SMEs.
· The business landscape in the UK is made up of 99.9% SMEs.
· Manage the shop window.
· Government targets indicate many more opportunities for SME contracts.
· Importance of understanding how your USP translates into a Value Proposition.
· Become export savvy and use new schemes for SMEs like the package for first time exporters.